i hate myself, i wish i was dead // you should feel lucky every time you breathe and it’s great to be alive on earth
1. When a boy who leaves goosebumps on every inch of your skin tries to play you his favorite song, don’t let him. He’ll get it stuck in your head and under your fingertips and when he leaves, you won’t be able to listen to it without feeling like you’re choking.
2. Don’t let him touch you all over no matter how much you want to feel him against you. Leave a few spots untouched so that when you’re sleeping alone again, at least your left wrist and an inch of your right hip won’t sting with the remaining burn of his mouth.
3. Don’t let him break your ribs.
4. Don’t watch the sunset with him. He’ll poison it. You won’t be able to look at the sky without swallowing a mouthful of him.
5. Don’t mistake wasps for butterflies. Sometimes when you feel your stomach flutter and your hands start to shake it’s pain, not love.
6. Just because he tells you he loves you doesn’t mean he’s going to stay.
7. It’s okay to delete his number after he kisses the pretty girl he met when he was drunk. It’s okay to leave when he hurts you. You don’t have to keep falling into him.
8. When he tells you that you’re beautiful, try to remember that you were beautiful before him too.
9. Just because he reads and smokes cigarettes and talks about the stars doesn’t mean he’s your soulmate.
10. After you kiss him, remember to wash your mouth out right away so he doesn’t burn into your tongue.
11. He’ll kiss you in the rain and take you to little coffee shops. He’ll brush your hair out of your eyes and kiss your nose. He’ll grab your waist and whisper in your ear but six months later you’ll find yourself drunk texting him that you miss him and he won’t respond.
12. Your heart is going to break a million times. It’s going to feel like the world is falling apart around you. Your lungs will stop working some nights. You find yourself grabbing at your bones trying to hold yourself together. You’re going to feel like you’re dying. It’s going to be okay. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight."
i hate it when u stop being friends w someone or u break up w someone cos uve got all this information about them like at the back of ur mind like their birthday or their favorite game or whatever, and even years later things will come up and you’ll think about that person and its like. oh. and it never really Stops
I’m sad most of the time and I cry too much and my chest is probably black by now but if I could crack my bones in half and pour out any bit of happiness I had left, I’d put it into a syringe and inject it straight to your heart. I hope you smile the second it mixes with your blood.
You called me in the middle of the night and you were crying and slurring your words and you told me you were broken. I want to fill every crack in your body with all the love I have for you but I think I would drown you in it.
The other night you pulled up my sleeve and I swear I saw the sadness radiating from my scars burning your eyes. I’m so sorry. I promise I’ll erase them, even if it means tearing the skin off my bones. I hope you stop crying yourself to sleep.
I know you like art. I’ll paint the walls of my apartment so that you’ll shake less when you stay over. My landlord will get pissed and he might kick me out, but it’s okay, I want to live inside you anyway.
When that one song that always makes you happy gets boring, I’ll write you a new one. I’ll let you play it as loud as you want, even if it keeps me up at night. I hope it gets stuck in your head and stops your bones from aching.
If you want me, I’m yours, all of me, every part of me. Or just the parts you want, I know you don’t like the way I bite my nails or steal your cigarettes. If you don’t want me, I’ll leave, I hope the next girl who loves you plants flowers inside of you.”
My mother told me that love is messy. I know how you hate messes. I promise I’ll keep your heart clean, even when I want to rip it out of your chest and and dump all the pieces out onto my bedroom floor so i can put them back together the right way."